We, Alliance for Children & Families, Inc. —through direct services, advocacy, education, prevention, intervention, supportive services, and the development and implementation of innovative and productive programming—are committed to empowering children, individuals and families to restore them to lives of stability, self-sufficiency and enhancement. We do this by treating all persons with dignity and respect, while embracing their diversity.
Monthly Feature: Domestic Violence Awareness Month
More than 1 in 3 women have experienced rape, physical violence and/or/stalking by an intimate partner in their lifetime and approximately 15.5 million children are exposed to domestic violence every year. In order to raise awareness and break the cycle of violence, Alliance for Children and Families participates in the NNEDV (National Network of Ending Domestic Violence) Week of Action.
- 10/16/16 Conversation Sunday – use these talking points to help start a dialogue about domestic violence between family and friends
- 10/17/17 Media Monday – download NNEDV’s new Tech Safety App that helps identify technology-facilitated harassment
- 10/18/16 Tie in Tuesday – join the bilingual twitter chat sponsored by NNEDV
- 10/19/16 Write-In Wednesday – share your opinions on Domestic Violence with major publications and thought leaders by using our easy letter to the editor template
- 10/20/16 #PurpleThursday – wear purple to show your support for survivors and for ending domestic violence
- 10/21/16 Film Friday – host a DV movie night and host a discussion (movie ideas and discussion themes)
- 10/22/16 Shout-Out-Saturday – celebrate the people you admire who speak out for survivors and are making a difference!
To find out more information about NNEDV or how you can get involved in a Week of Action event, visit their website, www.nnedv.org.
News & Announcements
Sign Up for S.T.A.M.P. Class!
S.T.A.M.P. (Skills to Acquiring Mastery of Parenting) Classes beings October 1st! Contact Housing Director, Dan, at (330) 823-6008 to sign up while spots are still available. Click to learn more about S.T.A.M.P
Stone Soup Campaign: United Way Shifts Kicks of Campaign with Meal Making Event
A total of 455 volunteers from 21 different organizations helped at various different worksites in Stark County to make 2,316 hot meals and over 1,300 bag snack packs! Read full article
ACF Continuing Education
This Fall, the Alliance for Children and Families staff will be attending Domestic Violence and Bridges out of Poverty Trainings to better help serve our community. Check back soon for a recap of these events!